Supporting business, supporting business
What is HQ UK?
HQ UK invests in startup and existing businesses, helping them to grow or scale.
We can help speed up the time it takes for a business to reach its milestones, or help it attract more clients or investment.
What happens when we invest?
- HQ UK attach an idea or strategy to an existing entity
- Together, we formulate a way to implement
- It becomes a distinct New Business Area (NBA) or Joint Venture (JV)
- The existing business grows and expands on the back of the NBA
- We work out the best way to present and portray the NBA
- Documenting and creating the systems and processes that are involved
- Our aim is to utilise existing infrastructure inside and outside the business
- Minimising risk
- Increasing speed of implementation
Important investment criteria
Companies we invest in need to display they know what they are doing in their field.
There should already be an existing or working solution in place – allowing room for modification, extension or utilisation in a new way.
HQ UK benefit from experienced strategists, either internal or external consultants.
HQ UK’s people understand and create systems and processes.
- HQ UK
- create content and documentation
- own a software house
- own bookkeeping software
- own a support services business
- our offshore centre for resource allows us to scale up or have resources on tap to grow our business.
- have teamed up with a communications company
- have a cost reduction company
- We utilise all of these as part of our investment to support and create new opportunities with investments
A range of investments
Sometimes, no matter what we try and do, things just don’t work out how we want them to.
- Having a diverse portfolio means
– we don’t have our eggs all in one basket.
– we get great opportunities for synergies between investments.
Some investments, past and present.
- Specialist Technical Drawing Company
- Provision of Part Time/Interim FDs
- UK accountancy, payroll and bookkeeping network
- UK Hair and Beauty service industry for freelancers and salon owners, incorporating online bookings, reminders, payments, auto-accounting and more
- Support for Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs), providing them with the capability to run their business online including bookings and accounting
- UK based, independent cost management company
- Accounting for small to medium businesses including CRM, booking, stock and additional functionality
- Integrated telephony with CRM plus accounting, for medium and enterprise businesses
- Online portal service for logging and tracking of admin work
- Remote IT support, telecoms, DRP, Business Continuity and telco licence resellers
- Phone and web presence plus business software with service support and licence opportunities
- UK based architectural services
- Enterprise level retail software and solutions
- UK based consultants skilled in business improvement, efficiencies, grants, services and exit strategies
- Network and suppliers of inspectors, repairers, installers for doors and windows
Get in touch to find out more about our investments.
Our current portfolio
- The following examples from our current portfolio are a mix of working businesses, start-up and pre-start-ups.
- Get in touch to find out more about our investments.
Retail / Buying
Consulting Support Services
This site is owned by HQ UK Ltd Co No 10321615| 2018 All rights reserved.